Changing Travel Baseball
Canes Camp (approximately a $2000 value)
The Canes Indiana off-season program is the signature of the Canes Indiana. However, we have no problems listing the blueprint for creating something similar above. There are 3 reasons for that. The first reason is that very few organizations, if any, are willing to put all the work in to organize something as complex as our offseason program. The second reason is that for the few that would be willing to put in the work, none would be willing to do it at a price that is affordable. The third reason is that we think every organization should offer this level of off-season development. If there is another organization willing to pull this off, than isn’t travel baseball in Indiana better for that?
What is Offseason Camp all about?
- 4-6 Week Fall Outdoor Program
- Infield and Outfield Skills
- Baserunning Instruction
- Relays/Cutoffs, Bunt Coverages, Holding Runners, Rundowns, Offensive and Defensive 1st and 3rd Plays
- Long Toss
- 18-20 week instructor led team hitting sessions
- 18-20 week instructor led team pitching sessions
- 12 week instructor led performance training/bootcamp sessions
- 8 week instructor led catching camp
- 10 week instructor/coach led mental training program
- 8 week instructor/coach led "Baseball IQ" sessions
- 9u through 17u teams get 8-12 weeks of indoor team practices (weekends after January)
- Build pitcher pitch counts to prepare for season workload
- Live batter/pitcher sessions to prepare hitters and pitchers for season
- 8u will have approximately 20 indoor practices prior to starting Spring outdoor practices
Creating A Culture.
All Canes Indiana coaches and instructors working with each other. All Canes Indiana coaches and instructors working together for every Canes Indiana player. All Canes Indiana players participating together in lessons and Mini-Camps. Our younger players learning from our older players. Our older players learning great leadership skills by helping our younger players. Our coaches learning from our instructors so they can communicate in one language to their players. Most importantly, our players building a toolbox for baseball and life that they can utilize for the rest of their lives.